Recipe by Chelsea Sugar
- 200g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes (or crushed weetbix)
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Sift in cocoa, flour and add the slightly crushed cornflakes. Stir thoroughly until the mixture is combined.
- Place heaped teaspoons onto baking tray, press down gently with back of spoon or hand of fork. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, mix the sifted icing sugar and cocoa. Add the butter and the boiling water, adding the water slowly to get a nice spreading consistency.
- Ice the biscuits and top each one with half a walnut (optional).
Share this Post