Recipe by Melanie Eady
- 1/2 cup standard flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 375g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, coconut and rolled oats.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup. Dissolve the baking soda with boiling water and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Place level tablespoons of the mixture onto cold trays lined with baking paper. Press with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden, let cool for a bit then place on wire rack.
Share this Post