Recipe by Melanie Eady
- 1 cup standard flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 125g butter
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon & coconut and rolled oats.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup. Dissolve the baking soda with boiling water and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Place 1 tablespoons of the mixture in balls onto cold trays lined with baking paper. Press with a fork or palm of your hand.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes for chewy or 20 mins for crunchy or until golden, let cool for a bit then place on wire rack.
Share this Post