I have lost track of how many times I have made this Apricot slice by Annabel Langbein, it is such a winner, definitely on the top 5 baking requests from my family it can be doubled easily and frozen uniced.
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 375g plain sweet biscuits, crushed to fine crumbs
- 150g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5og butter
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Melt butter and condensed milk, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add crushed biscuits, apricots, coconut and lemon juice and mix well.
- Press into a 30cm x 24cm baking tin. Refrigerate until set then ice.
- For the icing, melt butter and mix with boiling water, lemon and icing sugar to a smooth consistency.
- Spread over base. Once cool, cut into pieces and store in a cool dry place in an airtight container.
Share this Post