So easy to make and seriously transforms cakes and pavlova’s into something beautiful
- 1/2 Cup Caster sugar
- In a small baking tray place a piece of baking paper along the bottom
- In a large saucepan sprinkle the caster sugar over the bottom and over medium to high heat
- Do not stir at all as the sugar will crystalize but swirl the melting sugar around the bottom of the saucepan to disperse the heat and keeps the sugar melting.
- Once the sugar has melted and and turned a lovely golden colour quickly using a spatula spread the very hot toffee on the baking paper and spread along so it is reasonably thin
- It doesn’t need to be a uniform shape in fact the more different end bits you have the better.
- This sets pretty quickly I just wrap it up in the baking paper it is on and keep in a airtight container until I’m ready to use
- It make the shards just break off big pits of the toffee and stick into cakes or pavs
- You can also make a lovely toffee dust by blitzing in a mini food processor and use immediately or else it will go sticky
Share this Post