A lovely crunch sprinkle over cakes to decorate or place on a cheese board
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Small packet of walnuts chopped into quarters
- In a small baking tray place a piece of baking paper along the bottom
- In a large saucepan sprinkle the caster sugar over the bottom and over medium to high heat
- Do not stir at all as the sugar will crystalize but swirl the melting sugar around the bottom of the saucepan to disperse the heat and keeps the sugar melting.
- Once the sugar has melted and and turned a lovely golden colour quickly fold in the chopped Walnuts to coat in the sugar toffee using a spatula then spread the very hot walnut toffee mixture on the baking paper and spread out as able
- It doesn’t need to be a uniform shape in fact the more different end bits you have the better.
- This sets pretty quickly I just wrap it up in the baking paper it is on and keep in a airtight container until I’m ready to use
- To use break off big or small bits of the praline and scatter around cakes or have bigger chunks on cheese boards .
Share this Post