This is one of the first deserts I ever made it is seriously yummy you can swap the toppings out easily Recipe by Lynne Perkins
- 125 g butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tin spiced or sliced apple/pears/boysenberries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, fan bake. Place an oven tray in the oven.
- Melt butter in a pot with the sugar. Take off heat and cool, beat in the egg, flour and baking powder.
- Put half of this mixture in the bottom of a baking dish, or pie/flan type dish. Place the tinned apples (or other fruit) neatly on top and scatter the raspberries.
- Dollop the remaining pastry mixture on top of the fruit and sprinkle the mixed brown sugar and cinnamon over the top.
- Place in the oven on top of the baking tray (this helps cook the pastry bottom). Bake in fan forced for 30 minutes.
Share this Post