In 2019 our family met in the Italian town Positano where we rented a villa for 2 weeks, All our children had been travelling separately and we all reunited here, On our first night we had Chef Vincent come and cook us an Italian feast, it was one of the highlights of the trip. One of our Starters were these fish parcels cooked on lemon leaves and where stunning, I went home and re created the recipe and although mine were lovely for some reason they tasted more incredible on the patio of our villa with a view to die for and family around , Recipe Inspiration Chef Vincent, recreated by Melanie
- 800g of Firm white fish like snapper or cod
- 12 Unsprayed lemon leaves
- 1/2 panko styled breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Italian Parsley
- salt and pepper
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper and cut into 8 bite sized pieces crosswise
- Wash the lemon leaves and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Place the fish bites on top of the lemon leaves.
- Mix the remaining ingredients , bread crumbs, garlic, lemon zest and parsley and oil and salt and pepper and cover the fish bites with the crumb mixture
- Bake in a hot 210 degree for about 8 to 10 minutes so that the fish is lightly cooked and and the bread is golden, or try this bake for 8 mins then turn oven to a grill setting and grill the top so its golden, watch carefully so it doesn’t burn, no more than 1 min.
- Before serving squeeze with lemon Juice
Share this Post